I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Fluorouracil (Topical)||0 people have prescribed Fluorouracil (Topical)|
(flure oh YOOR a sil)
• This medicine is used to treat precancerous skin lesions.
• This medicine is used to treat skin cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• If you are a male and sexually active, protect your partner from pregnancy. Use birth control that you can trust.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Eye irritation.
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back when medicine is stopped.
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department...