I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Guaifenesin and Codeine||0 people have prescribed Guaifenesin and Codeine|
(gwye FEN e sin & KOE deen)
• This medicine is used to thin secretions so they can be removed from the body by coughing.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• This medicine is not for coughs due to smoking or lung disease.
• If you have PKU, talk with healthcare provider. Some products do contain phenylalanine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) or other medicines and natural products that slow your actions and reactions.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.