I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Aluminum Hydroxide||0 people have prescribed Aluminum Hydroxide|
Trade names: Maalox, Mylanta
Effect of Aluminum Hydroxide on Heartburn/GERD
Aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide antacids are used for treating symptoms of GERD, indigestion, heartburn, and stomach or duodenal ulcers.
Read more details about Aluminum Hydroxide.
How to Use Aluminum Hydroxide
Aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide antacids come as chewable tablet and liquid forms to be taken by mouth. The tablets must be chewed thoroughly and should not be swallowed whole. Drink a full glass of water after taking the tablets. Shake the oral liquid well before each use to mix the medicine evenly. The liquid may be mixed with water or milk.
Follow the directions on the package label or on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take Maalox exactly as directed. Antacids should not be taken for more 2 weeks unless prescribed by the doctor.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take other medicines within 1 hour of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe constipation.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
FoundHealth has 14 treatments for Heartburn/GERD!
See all Heartburn/GERD Treatment options and start building your care plan today.