I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried HIDA Scan||0 people have prescribed HIDA Scan|
A HIDA scan is an imaging test. It helps to diagnose problems of the gallbladder and liver.
Bile is a fluid that is made in the liver. It is stored in the bile duct. This fluid helps your body digest certain foods. If there is a problem with the production or flow of bile, a HIDA scan may find the problem.
Gallbladder, Liver, and Stomach
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
This test is done to:
- Find the cause of jaundice (yellow skin) or pain in the abdomen
- Diagnose suspected gallbladder disorders, like inflammation, perforation, stones , or other blockages
- Check bile flow after surgery
This test is not done on patients who are pregnant.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, a lot of bleeding, or any discharge from the injection site
- Joint pain, fatigue, stiffness, rash, other new symptoms, or allergic reactions