I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy||1 person has prescribed Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy|
Effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy on Autism
In healthy people, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) has been shown to enhance neurological function, improving attention, reaction times, and word recall. It is now being explored in the treatment of...
Read more about Autism and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
Reasons for Procedure
This procedure has been used to treat many health problems, including:
- An air bubble (embolism) which gets into the circulatory system and blocks blood flow
- Decompression sickness , which can occur when divers or miners come to the surface too quickly
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Wound healing, especially in patients with poor circulation
- Radiation therapy injuries following treatment for cancer
- Skin grafts , flaps, or burns
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.