I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ketoconazole (Topical)||0 people have prescribed Ketoconazole (Topical)|
(kee toe KOE na zole)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat a variety of yeast infections.
• This medicine is used to treat dandruff.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Scalp irritation.
• Removal of curl from hair.
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back when medicine is stopped.
Cream, foam, and gel:
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin...