I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried LEVOleucovorin||0 people have prescribed LEVOleucovorin|
(lee voe loo koe VOR in)
• This medicine is used with methotrexate to prevent side effects.
• This medicine may decrease the side effects of certain medicines.
• This medicine is used with fluorouracil to increase activity against colorectal cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Mouth irritation.
• Allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad...