I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Levothyroxine||0 people have prescribed Levothyroxine|
(lee voe thye ROKS een)
• This medicine is used as a thyroid hormone replacement.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• There are different brands of this medicine. One brand cannot safely be exchanged for another. Any change must be directed by healthcare provider.
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have osteoporosis, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with healthcare provider. Some products contain tartrazine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take iron products, aluminum- and magnesium-containing antacids, calcium carbonate, simethicone, sucralfate, Kayexalate®, colestipol, or cholestyramine within 4 hours of...