I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ezetimibe||0 people have prescribed Ezetimibe|
Ezetimibe (Zetia) is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body.
Effect of Ezetimibe on Lipid Disorders
Ezetimibe reduces the amount of cholesterol absorbed.
Read more details about Ezetimibe.
How to Use Ezetimibe
Take this medicine with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach. Follow a diet plan and exercise program that is recommended by your healthcare provider.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take colestipol or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Belly pain.
• Joint pain.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Runny nose.
• Sore throat.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
FoundHealth has 29 treatments for Lipid Disorders!
See all Lipid Disorders Treatment options and start building your care plan today.