I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Gemfibrozil||0 people have prescribed Gemfibrozil|
Gemfibrozil (Lopid) is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body. Good cholesterol (HDL) levels increase. This medicine is also used to decrease triglycerides.
Effect of Gemfibrozil on Lipid Disorders
Gemfibrozil decreases production of LDL ("bad") cholesterol and triglycerides.
Read more details about Gemfibrozil.
How to Use Gemfibrozil
Take this medicine 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner. Follow diet plan and exercise program as recommended by healthcare provider.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain or heartburn.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
FoundHealth has 29 treatments for Lipid Disorders!
See all Lipid Disorders Treatment options and start building your care plan today.