I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Liposuction||0 people have prescribed Liposuction|
Liposuction is an elective surgical procedure. It reshapes the body through the removal of excess body fat.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Some common reasons for choosing to have liposuction include:
- Reshaping the body so that it is more in tune with an individual’s ideal body image
- Removing unwanted fat pockets that could not be lost with diet and exercise
- Boosting self-confidence and feelings about appearance
- Reducing the chest size of males suffering from gynecomastia (enlarged breasts)
- Removing fatty deposits known as lipomas
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have liposuction, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Nerve damage
- Blood clots
- Allergic reaction
- Darkening of the skin
- Irregular appearance of the area
- Firm scarring under the skin
- Fluid build up under the skin
Liposuction results are not the same for everyone. Some factors that may affect results include:
- Age—Older patients may not see the same results as younger patients, because their skin is less elastic.
- Experience of the doctor—Doctors with more experience tend to have fewer problems.
Some factors that may increase the risk of...