I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Lithium||0 people have prescribed Lithium|
(LITH ee um)
• This medicine is used to help depression medicines work better.
• This medicine is used to treat aggressive behavior.
• This medicine is used to treat manic depression.
• This medicine is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider. Some of the medicines and diet used to treat a weakened heart may change the lithium blood level.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• If you start on a low salt diet, tell healthcare provider. It will change the way your body handles the lithium.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Limit caffeine (for example, tea, coffee,...