I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Lovastatin||0 people have prescribed Lovastatin|
(LOE va sta tin)
• This medicine is used to slow the progress of heart disease.
• This medicine is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body.
• This medicine is used to decrease triglycerides.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take colestipol or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Muscle weakness.
• Joint pain.