I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Posture||0 people have prescribed Posture|
Practicing and maintaining adequate posture, can be extremely helpful in helping to relieve the symptoms, and sometimes cure the underlying cause(s) of low back pain or sciatica. When the body is in proper alignment, the bones, muscles and organs function more smoothly and with less energy.
Effect of Posture on Low Back Pain and Sciatica
Certain changes to your workspace, attire, and home can reduce the stress on your back. Tips include:
- Don't wear high-heeled shoes.
- If you sit for long periods of time, use a stool to bring your knees above your hips.
- Use a lumbar support pillow when sitting or driving.
- Sleep on a firm mattress.
- Don't sleep on your stomach.
- Sleep on your side or on your back with a wedge or pillow under the lower part of your legs.
While some people think that using shoe inserts will prevent back pain, so far there's not a lot of evidence to support this.
Also, check out the article on Alexander Techniquewhich talks about posture for low back and sciatica pain.
Read more details about Posture.
FoundHealth has 38 treatments for Low Back Pain and Sciatica!
See all Low Back Pain and Sciatica Treatment options and start building your care plan today.