I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Mannitol||0 people have prescribed Mannitol|
(MAN i tole)
• This medicine is used to get rid of extra fluid.
• This medicine is used to treat brain swelling.
• This medicine is used to decrease high eye pressure.
• This medicine is used to increase the removal of unwanted substances in the body.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Low potassium level. Signs include feeling tired, weak, numbness, or tingling; muscle cramps; constipation; vomiting; or fast heartbeat.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or...