I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Medroxyprogesterone Acetate||0 people have prescribed Medroxyprogesterone Acetate|
(me DROKS ee proe JES te rone)
• This medicine is used to prevent pregnancy.
• This medicine is used to prevent endometrial changes in postmenopausal females receiving estrogens therapy.
• This medicine is used to prevent pain caused by endometriosis.
• This medicine is used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding due to hormonal imbalance.
• This medicine is used to treat a variety of cancers.
• This medicine is used to treat females who do not have a menstrual cycle.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Avoid cigarette smoking.
• If you have breast or any genital cancer, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have any circulation problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Weight gain.
• Weakened bones with long-term use.
• Increased appetite.
• Change in color of stool to green.
• Menstrual changes. These include lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center...