I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Melanoma Removal||0 people have prescribed Melanoma Removal|
Melanoma removal is a surgery to remove skin tissue that has cancerous cells. The cancer is called melanoma .
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
A melanoma removal is done to treat melanoma skin cancer.
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have melanoma removal, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Incomplete removal of all cancerous cells
- Recurrence or spread of cancer
- Nerve damage
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or any discharge from the incision site
- Pain that you cannot control with the medicines you have been given
- A new lump or discoloration in your skin, or a change (such as color, bleeding, itching, growth) in an...