I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Mercaptopurine||0 people have prescribed Mercaptopurine|
(mer kap toe PYOOR een)
• This medicine is used to treat a specific type of leukemia.
• This medicine is used to treat Crohn's disease.
• This medicine is used to treat ulcerative colitis.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a thiopurine methyltransferase deficiency, talk with healthcare provider.
• Talk with healthcare provider before receiving any vaccinations. Use with this medicine may either increase the risk of serious infection or make the vaccination less effective.
• Tell dentists, surgeons, and other healthcare providers that you use this medicine.
• You may bleed more easily. Be careful. Avoid injury. Use soft toothbrush, electric razor.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well...