6 people have experienced Metformin. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|6 people have tried Metformin||0 people have prescribed Metformin|
(met FOR min)
Metformin is mainly used for controlling blood sugar levels. As a fertility treatment, it can be prescribed for women who do not ovulate because of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Infertility specialists may also recommend metformin for PCOS patients undergoing In-vitro Fertilization (IVF).
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• You should stop this medicine for 2 days after an x-ray with dye.
• Use caution if you are having surgery, if you have a heart attack, severe infection, or stroke, or if you are 80 years of age or older and have not had your kidney function tested.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• Do not drive if blood sugar has been low. There is a greater risk of an accident.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.