I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Methimazole||0 people have prescribed Methimazole|
(meth IM a zole)
• This medicine is used to treat an overactive thyroid gland.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If your white blood cell, red blood cell, or platelet counts are low, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back when medicine is stopped.
• Change in color of skin.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Abnormal taste.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an...