I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Methoxsalen (Systemic)||0 people have prescribed Methoxsalen (Systemic)|
(meth OKS a len)
• This medicine is used to treat white patches of skin called vitiligo.
• This medicine is used to treat psoriasis.
• This medicine is used to treat skin cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Wear sunglasses during exposure and for 24 hours after exposure and protect lips with lipstick that contains sunscreen.
• Do not go over exposure time.
• Exposure to sun or UV rays may age skin and increase risk of skin cancer.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may...