I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Methoxsalen (Topical)||0 people have prescribed Methoxsalen (Topical)|
(meth OKS a len)
• This medicine is used to treat white patches of skin called vitiligo.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not go over exposure time.
• Exposure to sun or UV rays may age skin and increase risk of skin cancer.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include...