Mometasone (Topical) Overview
(moe MET a sone)
Elocom®; PMS-Mometasone; ratio-Mometasone; Taro-Mometasone
• This medicine does not mix well with many medicines. Serious reactions may occur. Check all medicines with healthcare provider.
• If you have an allergy to mometasone furoate or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• Mometasone furoate reduces irritation and inflammation.
• It blocks the allergic reaction by minimizing or preventing the body's reaction to the allergen.
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Clean affected area before use. Make sure to dry well.
• Apply a thin layer to the affected skin and rub in gently.
• Apply a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Store at room temperature.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2009-09-21 11:28:34.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:26:18.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.