Mometasone (Topical) Side Effects and Warnings
Side Effects and Warnings
#What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Do not use for the treatment of diaper dermatitis.
• Do not use on the face, underarms, or groin area unless directed by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
#What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
#Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.