I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Niacin and Simvastatin||0 people have prescribed Niacin and Simvastatin|
(NYE a sin & sim va STAT in)
• This medicine is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body. Good cholesterol (HDL) levels increase.
• This medicine is used to decrease triglycerides.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider. This medicine can increase blood sugar.
• If you have gallbladder disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take colestipol or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease. May increase flushing.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing...