I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Nitrofurantoin||0 people have prescribed Nitrofurantoin|
(nye troe fyoor AN toyn)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat a urinary tract infection.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Change in color of urine to black, brown, or yellow.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency...