I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Nitroglycerin||0 people have prescribed Nitroglycerin|
(nye troe GLI ser in)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat chest pain or pressure.
• This medicine is used to improve a weakened heart.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• The patch may contain conducting metal. Remove patch before MRI.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Flushing. Wearing layers of clothes or summer clothes and cool environment may help.
• Headache. Usually improves after taking the medicine regularly for a week.