I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Oxytocin||0 people have prescribed Oxytocin|
(oks i TOE sin)
• This medicine is used to start labor.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat bleeding that occurs after delivery or after an abortion.
• This medicine is used to end your pregnancy.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Excessive bleeding...