I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Pegfilgrastim||0 people have prescribed Pegfilgrastim|
(peg fil GRA stim)
• This medicine is used to reduce the chance of infection in cancer patients who have had severe bone marrow problems caused by chemotherapy.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have sickle cell disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you weigh less than 99 pounds (45 kilograms), talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Bone pain.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
• Severe allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you...