I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Penicillamine||0 people have prescribed Penicillamine|
(pen i SIL a meen)
• This medicine is used to treat Wilson's disease.
• This medicine is used to remove a protein called cystine from your body.
• This medicine is used to treat arthritis.
• This medicine is used to remove certain metals from the body.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have a penicillin allergy, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take dairy products, bismuth (Pepto-Bismol®), calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, multivitamins with minerals, colestipol, cholestyramine, didanosine, or antacids within 2 hours of this medicine.
• Tell dentists, surgeons, and other healthcare providers that you use this medicine.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.