I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Phenobarbital||0 people have prescribed Phenobarbital|
(fee noe BAR bi tal)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat high bilirubin levels in newborns.
• This medicine is used to prevent or control seizures.
• This medicine is used to treat anxiety.
• This medicine is used to treat sleep disorders.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• Follow laws about driving with a seizure condition.
• If you have been taking this medicine for several weeks, talk with healthcare provider before stopping. You may want to gradually withdraw this medicine.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider. You may be more sensitive to this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol...