I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Pioglitazone||0 people have prescribed Pioglitazone|
(pye oh GLI ta zone)
• This medicine is used to lower blood sugar in diabetic patients.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• If you are 80 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• Do not drive if blood sugar has been low. There is a greater risk of an accident.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you are on a lactose-free diet, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Risk of pregnancy in females of childbearing age who have not been ovulating.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work to...