I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Polymyxin B||0 people have prescribed Polymyxin B|
(pol i MIKS in bee)
• This medicine is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have myasthenia gravis, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Worsening kidney function.
• Allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include...