I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Polysomnography||0 people have prescribed Polysomnography|
Polysomnography is a study of sleep cycles and sleep behavior. It is usually done in a sleep center overnight. This study involves observing a person at sleep while continuously charting brain waves ( EEG ), muscle activity ( EMG ), breathing, eye movements, and heart rhythms.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
This study can evaluate sleeping problems, such as:
- Trouble falling or staying asleep ( insomnia )
- Breathing that stops during sleep ( apnea )
- A problem with falling asleep suddenly during the day ( narcolepsy )
- Nightmares and sleepwalking
- Problems with arm or leg movement during sleep
Call Your Doctor
There should be no side effects or complications from the study. Call your doctor if you have any concerns.
In case of emergency, CALL 911.