I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Potassium Acetate||0 people have prescribed Potassium Acetate|
(poe TASS ee um AS e tate)
• This medicine is used to return potassium to the body.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, and potassium supplements.
• If water pill is stopped, potassium will usually be stopped too. Talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.