I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Potassium Chloride||0 people have prescribed Potassium Chloride|
(poe TASS ee um KLOR ide)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat low potassium levels.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If water pill is stopped, potassium will usually be stopped too. Talk with healthcare provider.
• Some forms of potassium are in a wax matrix; you may see this in stool. The potassium has been absorbed but the wax is not.
• Avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, and potassium supplements.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or...