I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Potassium Iodide||0 people have prescribed Potassium Iodide|
(poe TASS ee um EYE oh dide)
• This medicine is used to treat an overactive thyroid gland.
• This medicine is used to prevent thyroid cancer from radiation exposure.
• This medicine is used to thin secretions so they can be removed from the body by coughing.
• This medicine may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with healthcare provider.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have myotonia congenital or tuberculosis, talk with healthcare provider.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine and for 1 month after stopping this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Feeling tired or weak.