I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Probenecid||0 people have prescribed Probenecid|
(proe BEN e sid)
• This medicine is used to prevent gouty arthritis.
• This medicine is used to prevent gout attacks. It may take 6 weeks to see the full effect.
• This medicine is used with certain antibiotics to increase activity against infection.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have ulcer disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before using other: aspirin, aspirin-containing products, blood thinners, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, ibuprofen or like products, pain medicines, or vitamin E.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be...