I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Procainamide||0 people have prescribed Procainamide|
(pro KANE a mide)
• This medicine is used to treat a fast heartbeat.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have low potassium levels or if you are taking a water pill, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have myasthenia gravis, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Low blood pressure.
• Procainamide can cause a lupus-like disease. This is usually reversible.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or...