I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Salicylic Acid||0 people have prescribed Salicylic Acid|
Salicylic acid is used to soften and remove scales from psoriasis plaques. Salicylic acid is available in many strengths and types of preparations. Milder strengths are available without prescription.
Effect of Salicylic Acid on Psoriasis
Salicylic acid complements other psoriasis treatments by helping remove the scales from psoriasis plaques. When scales are removed, other medications may penetrate the skin and promote healing.
Read more details about Salicylic Acid.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• The patch may contain conducting metal. Remove patch before MRI.
• If you have any circulation problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have chickenpox or the flu, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Ringing in ears.
• Severe dizziness.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
FoundHealth has 20 treatments for Psoriasis!
See all Psoriasis Treatment options and start building your care plan today.