I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Pulmonary Function Tests||0 people have prescribed Pulmonary Function Tests|
Pulmonary function tests (PFTs) are a group of breathing tests that help doctors see how well your lungs are working.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
PFTs may be used to:
- Diagnose lung conditions or diseases, such as:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Measure how much a lung problem is affecting you
- Evaluate symptoms such as coughing , wheezing, and trouble breathing
- Determine how well a treatment is working
- Evaluate your lung function before a surgery
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Headaches, nausea, muscle aches, dizziness, or general ill feeling
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chest pains