2 people have experienced Pyeloplasty. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|2 people have tried Pyeloplasty||0 people have prescribed Pyeloplasty|
Pyeloplasty is a surgery to repair the kidney. In this surgery, the renal pelvis and its connection to the ureter are repaired. The renal pelvis is a funnel-like structure in the kidney. It connects the kidney to the ureter. The ureter is a tube that carries urine to the bladder.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Pyeloplasty is done if a blockage is found at the kidney's connection to the ureter. This blockage causes the kidney to balloon. The problem is often detected by ultrasound or CT scan .
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a pyeloplasty, your doctor will review a list of possible complications which may include:
- Damage to tissues or organs
- Persistent leakage of urine
- Blockage of the ureter
Call Your Doctor
After you leave the hospital, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding or any discharge from the incision site
- Nausea and/or vomiting that you cannot control with the medicines you were given after surgery, or which persist for more than two days after discharge from the hospital
- Pain that you...