A hearty cereal that will hold you for hours! 2 cups raw buckwheat groats (available in the bulk section of health food stores) ½ cup sunflower seeds ½ cup pumpkin seeds 1 apple, diced ½ cup raisins
- Soak raw buckwheat groats overnight, drain, rinse, then set aside for one day to sprout.
- Soak sunflower and pumpkin seeds for 6 hours in a bowl. Use enough water to cover them well. This process removes the enzyme inhibitors from the seeds, making them more digestible.
- Rinse buckwheat after sprouting.
- Drain seeds and rinse.
- Combine groats and nuts with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Dehydrate on mesh dehydrator sheets until bone dry, about 24 hours. This will store for one month or more in a sealed jar. If you do not have a dehydrator, this cereal can be eaten in its non-dehydrated form also.