I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Renal Ultrasound||0 people have prescribed Renal Ultrasound|
This test uses sound waves to study the renal system, which includes the kidneys, bladder, and ureters (the tubes that connect the kidneys to the bladder).
The test is done to look for:
- Changes in the bladder wall
- Changes in kidney size or structure
- Kidney stone , cyst, mass, or other obstruction in the kidney
- Stones in the urinary tract
- Changes in the ureters
The test is also done to look at:
- Kidneys before doing a renal biopsy (removal of tissue from the kidney for exam)
- Blood flow to the kidneys (a Doppler ultrasound is used)
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Call Your Doctor
Call your doctor if you have any questions about the test, your condition, or your test results.