I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Repair of Vesico-Vaginal Fistula||0 people have prescribed Repair of Vesico-Vaginal Fistula|
This procedure involves repairing an abnormal connection between the urinary tract (usually the bladder) and the vagina. A fistula is the word used to describe a connection between two organ structures. The repair can range from simple to complex.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Complications are rare. But, no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have vesico-vaginal fistula repair, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Urinary tract infection or other infections
- Irritation or inflammation of the vulva (the opening of the vagina)
- Injury to bladder, vagina, or urethra (the tube that carries urine outside of the body from the bladder)
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia (eg, low blood pressure, wheezing)
Factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Taking blood-thinning medicines
- Fistula that is large or complex
- Already having an infection or chronic inflammation