I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Rhinoplasty||0 people have prescribed Rhinoplasty|
Rhinoplasty is a surgery done on the nose. It is done to reshape the nose.
- To change or improve appearance
- To improve breathing
- To correct an injury or birth deformity
- A septoplasty can be done at the same time to open blocked nasal passages due to a deviated septum
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a rhinoplasty, your doctor will review a list of possible complications which may include:
- Poor healing of the skin
- Unsatisfactory cosmetic result
- Increased risk of nosebleeds
- Reaction to anesthetic
- Puncture of septum or collapse of nose bridge (relatively rare)
Factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Age—recommended age is after teen growth spurts and before middle age
- Prior nose surgery
- Prior trauma to the nose
- Medical problems
Call Your Doctor
After you leave the hospital, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and...