I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Rifampin||0 people have prescribed Rifampin|
(rif AM pin)
• This medicine is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
• This medicine is used to treat tuberculosis and prevent the spread of tuberculosis in those who are carriers of the bacteria but are not ill with the disease.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have porphyria, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). Alcohol can worsen liver disease.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Change in color of body fluids to orange.
• Discoloration of contact lenses. Do not wear while taking this medicine.
• Belly pain.
• Diarrhea. Yogurt, Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Lactobacillus acidophilusmay help. These products are available at health food stores or in some pharmacies.