I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Rifapentine||0 people have prescribed Rifapentine|
(rif a PEN teen)
• This medicine is used to treat tuberculosis.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have porphyria, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). Alcohol can worsen liver disease.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Change in color of body fluids to orange.
• Discoloration of contact lenses. Do not wear while taking this medicine.
• Belly pain.
• Diarrhea. Yogurt, Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Lactobacillus acidophilusmay help. These products are...