I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Fluoroquinolone||0 people have prescribed Fluoroquinolone|
Effect of Fluoroquinolone on Sinusitis
Common names for Fluoroquinolone include:
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro)
- Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
- Sparfloxacin (Zagam)
- Gemifloxacin (Factive)
- Gatifloxacin (Tequin)
- Moxifloxacin (Avelox)
Read more details about Fluoroquinolone.
These drugs may interact with antacids or sucralfate. Don’t take these medicines within two hours of each other.
Check with your doctor before taking:
- Levofloxacin with medications for your heartbeat
- Enoxacin with caffeinated products
Take these medications with a full glass of water and check the label to see if you need to take them on a full stomach.
Possible side effects include:
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Inflamed, torn tendons
- Low blood sugar in diabetics
- Irregular heartbeat (if you have low potassium levels)
- Allergic reactions, such as rash, itchy skin, difficulty breathing—Seek appropriate care if any of these occurs. For breathing difficulties, seek emergency care.
FoundHealth has 24 treatments for Sinusitis!
See all Sinusitis Treatment options and start building your care plan today.