I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Nasal Corticosteroids||0 people have prescribed Nasal Corticosteroids|
Effect of Nasal Corticosteroids on Sinusitis
Common names include:
- Beclomethasone (Beconase, Vancenase)
- Budesonide (Rhinocort)
- Dexamethasone (Dexacort Turbinaire)
- Flunisolide (Nasalide, Nasarel)
- Fluticasone (Flonase)
- Mometasone (Nasonex)
- Triamcinolone (Nasacort)
Nasal corticosteroids are inhaled directly into your nose through a special inhaler.
Read more details about Nasal Corticosteroids.
These drugs may help relieve congestion by decreasing swelling in the lining of the nose. It will likely take a few days of using nasal corticosteroids before you notice an effect; they must be used daily to sustain this effect. These drugs are often used with antibiotics.
Possible side effects include:
- Dryness of irritation of your nose, including nosebleeds
- Stuffy nose
- Changes in the sense of smell or taste
If any of the following occurs while you are taking a nasal corticosteroid, call your doctor:
- Severe coughing, wheezing, or trouble breathing
- Painful sores or white or red patches inside your mouth or nose
- Swelling of the tongue or throat
- Trouble swallowing
- Continuous stinging or burning feeling in your nose
FoundHealth has 24 treatments for Sinusitis!
See all Sinusitis Treatment options and start building your care plan today.